How to Prevent DDoS Attacks: Tips to Keep Your Website Safe
79 percent of DDoS attack traffic were directed towards the gaming industry. Internet and telecom ranked second with six percent of DDoS attack traffic.
A Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is an attempt made to attack a website or a server and denies services to the users of the targeted source. And the reasons behind these attacks could be several, including poor coding, unstable systems, or missing patches, or from a hacker too. In the recent time, even the biggest popular websites like Rediff, Twitter, and Netflix also couldn't escape from the attack and become its target.
Impact of DDoS Attacks
The average rate which a DDoS attack can cost an organization is approximately $1000,000 for every hour the attack resists. Not only this, apart from the financial hits, organization do face a major hit in a bad reputation in the industry, falling customers, and a distrust amongst the market. So, before getting late, its high time for you guys to get acknowledged about how to deal with DDoS attack prevent it at the earliest. You simply can't risk the name you have gained with a lot of struggle and hard work in the last years!
- Get extra bandwidth: One of the crucial steps that you can adapt to make your website DDoS resistant is adding more bandwidth to your network. Make sure that you have enough bandwidth to manage up and downs in the traffic which may be a malicious attempt. Moreover, increasing your bandwidth is not the solution to overcome DDoS attacks, rather it will reduce the attacks and make it difficult for the hackers to make an attack.
- Build redundancy: To prevent attacks and make it difficult for the hackers to enter your network, spread your servers across multiple data centers so that the risk divides up. This means in case of your server gets attacked, at least you have another backup. Try that the data centers are held in different countries or at least in different areas of the same country. This makes it difficult for the hacker to attack your servers, rather they will only be able to attack a small portion of it.
- Configure Your network hardware: There are various hardware configuration changes that you can carry out to avoid DDoS attacks into your network. Want to know how? You can make a configuration in your firewall to drop the incoming ICMP packets and block DNS responses from outer networks. This would prevent your network from a number of attacks.
- Anti-DDoS hardware and software modules: Network firewalls, web application firewalls, and most importantly load balancers are a must to protect your servers. Many vendors already offer protection against DDoS functionality to avoid application-layer attacks and other attacks.
- Protect your DNS servers: Malicious attacks and hackers can easily effect your web servers by DDoSing your DNS servers. So, it becomes necessary that your DNS server is redundant. Moreover, try placing your DNS servers over different data centers. Or make a switch to a cloud-based DNS provider that provides you more bandwidth.
How jiWebTech can help you out?
jiWebTech is one of the perfect vendors which fulfills all the above points and offers you reliable and assured solutions in a budget-friendly manner. For getting a demo session or getting any queries clarified, get in touch with us. Our team offers 24/7 support services for your assistance and help!